1. Guests. I’m quite excited that you’ll be seeing a guest blogger once a month. Men and women, their ages will vary, as will their perspectives. One was a caregiver to her friend, another is a grief professional. Yet another will offer a new take on the AIDS epidemic. All are excellent writers. What they share is the experience of grieving the death of a friend.
2. Book reviews. More than one person has pronounced my subject matter ‘depressing’, and I’m sure it is to some people. I read some books about grief, but not a lot. While I am reluctant to create a hierarchy of grief, I do believe the grief we feel for a spouse or child is different than that we feel for a friend. But I’d like to share some of the books I have been reading, ones that deal specifically with the author’s grief over losing a friend. Some of them are celebrities, some are not. But all have something to say about the experience we will all have some day.
3. Movie reviews, for the same reason as #2.
4. Resources. Along with the book reviews, the Resources page will be expanded to include more organizations started by people who wanted to honor their friend’s memory. I’ll also be adding more social media: blogs, Twitter hashtags to follow, and Facebook groups.
5. And last but not least, later this summer I will be publishing my first e-book on friend grief and anger. It’s a small book, about 5,000 words, and will be available later in print. As we get closer to the publication date, you’ll find out how you can download it for free.
So, get your popcorn and your drink, sit back and enjoy. There’s a lot more to come!