There is certainly a lot of excitement here (though not much shopping)! So, I thought I’d bring you up to date on what’s coming up with Friend Grief in the next month:
1. I’ll be a guest on Madeline Sharples’ website tomorrow, August 28, talking about how my writing made me an activist - again.
2. Through Labor Day, I’ll donate 25% of the price of the paperback and e-book versions of the second book in the Friend Grief series, Friend Grief and AIDS: Thirty Years of Burying Our Friends, to Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS.
3. Next week I’ll reveal the cover and give you an excerpt from the next book in the series, Friend Grief and 9/11: The Forgotten Mourners, which comes out September 11.
4. I’ll be a guest on Audrey Pellicano’s blog talk radio show, GriefTalk, on September 10, talking about my books.
5. On September 26, I’ll be a guest on Kathleen Pooler’s Memoir Writer’s Journey, talking about…well, you’ll just have to check it out.
6. A report on our next Death Café in the Chicago area.
7. Information on the fourth book in the series, Friend Grief and Community: Band of Friends, about the military.
8. Book signings and Goodreads giveaways.
9. And that’s just September!
So check back often, for all this and more, as I share stories about people who have gone through the same experience you have – grieving the death of a friend. You’re going to meet some terrific people who mourned and struggled and laughed, and ultimately found a way to carry the memory of their friends with them every day.
As Doctor Who would say, “Allons-y!”
I found your great blog through the WLC Blog Follows on the World Literary Cafe! Great to connect!
I hope you will follow me, also. My blog:
Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee
Post a Comment